SV: second amp suggestions

> From: Per Boysen
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >I would suggest a simple line out from your looping
> >gear to the house PA system. And make sure the PA
> >is powerful enough to match your Rivera. If not you'll
> >have to turn the Rivera down. Of course you can have
> >a "second amp" as well, but it should be as sonically
> >equal to a PA sound system as possible (not a Marshall top+cabs).
>
> Från: David Beardsley
> But then what is coming out of the PA won't sound like
> it's coming out of a guitar amp!

It has to! I'm sorry I messed up my post a bit. Of course you have to
mic your main, guitar sound, amp directly out through the PA. Then you
said you are sending from the Riveras effect loop to the looping gear.
That's fine, but if you like your Rivera sound you should try to put a
second mic in front of it and bring that mic'ed sound into the looping
gear. I was talking about how to amplify the looping gear and If you
like your Rivera sound you should go for a second amp that is not
coloring the sound at all - or you could line the looping gear directly
through the PA (since it is your Rivera sound that is getting looped in
the first place).

But maybe I did not understand your concept right? Do you actually want
the loopers to sound like "a second guitar player"? If so you might be
happy with two Riveras, but that would be just like running two guitar
amps in series with loopers in between. I have tried daisy chaining wha
pedals (which can sound quite cool) but never two guitar rigs.

Per