small tube amps

Title: small tube amps

--- Andreas Willers <A.Willers@t-online.de> wrote
about his:
> '58 Gibson GA-20

Is yours a Crest or a Ranger (GA-20T, same amp with
tremolo, which is what my '59 is)?

I love mine; bought it in the 70's, sold it in the
early 80's, and was fortunate enough to buy it back in
the early 90's. Seems like way more than 16 watts...

Mine is a GA-20T with Tremolo, tweed-brown version with crome panel - just before they got their names. Incredible amp, these are just as good as Fender Twed Deluxes people say and I have reason to believe that. Wish I had it earlier and not just these last couple of years. I also have a blond GA-8 non-tremolo Gibsonette, 9W single ended amp with 6V6's - breaks up a little earlier but still sounds great in samll places: I've run M/B TriAxis's and EDP loops (content!) through it in bars and sounded killer (I am not so fond of the TriAxis preamp any more - long gone).

Andreas