Re: Volume pedals

It's inevitable with the Ernie Balls (and probably any similar design).
  The fix is to mail it to EB and have them recondition it (really).
They have some flat fee, $35 or something, and it comes back looking
brand new.  They replace the grip tape, everything.  The pot they use
is really, really hard to find (something about the super long shaft)
and the pain-in-the-ass factor of taking it apart and then getting it
recalibrated so that pedal-back is full off probably insures that
no-one does it for themselves...twice.  I've had this done on a couple
of the pedals over the years and I find it well worth the cost.

TH