FCB 1010

I just bought the FCB 1010 I have been searching the archives but have not YET found anything specific to my question...

If I use the FCB 1010 and put the EDPs in controller mode, and push what I have designated for record on the pedal, it goes for 0.46 Seconds and then acts as if nothing had been done at all...

When using note mode, everything works BUT, my goal in using this was to have 3 banks...

Bank 00 would be controlling BOTH of my EDPs simultaneously...

Bank 01 would be controlling EDP 1

Bank 02 would be controlling EDP 2

Could anyone either help me please, or at least send me in the right direction in the archives?