Re: boredoms (no, not THOSE boredoms...)

>finally - a word about real vinyl slingin' djs -
>
>make no final decisions til you've seen spooky. or olive. a
>turntable IS an instrument. it's just that not too many people can
>actually PLAY the damn thing.

Just like guitar ;-)

I'd add DJ Shadow and Cut Chemist to the list above too, there's a
video called "Thud Rumble" that has a performance by them that is
just jaw dropping. And they are clearly improvising.

I saw DJ Olive a few weeks ago with Dave Douglas new septet, and he
did an amazing solo, using 2 copies of what was probably a live jazz
lp, taking a spoken word intro to a piece and turning it into walls
of multilayered jibberish.