When you give a Redneck a Looper...

Howdy Guys and Gals,

I'm new to looping and new to this site. I have a right nice collection of loopers and their music but am just beginning to try looping out myself. A loop-fanatic friend and I got together and commenced to loopin' and I thought I'd share some virgin looper thoughts.

First, I'm a bassist and predominantly play Wal's, so the looping is pretty dense. Well, last night we went to loopin' sumpin' fierce (guitar and bass). Things seemed to be on track, sounds were Eno-esque, textures dripping. Before long it got to sounding like a bunch of crickets on steroids with some high-fidelity ambulance sirens to boot. I was digging the sounds at first but after about two minutes all kind of shit was hittin' the fan and I had to cover my ears thanks to the amplified crickets. Here's the catch---I thought the guitarist was makin' all that racket and I had already set my bass down to cover my ears. I noticed the guitarist puttin' the fingers in her ears too and thought somethin' was amiss. Well, before long I asked (screemingly) if we shouldn't turn things down before the police came. Confound it if all the dang noise wasn't coming from my setup. This here loopin' has done messed up my mind, but I love it!!!

Stanley Planet