Re: boring PERFORMANCE ART...

"and i'm not well versed in modern dance, but wasn't a lot of cage's
prepared piano pieces made for "modern dance", and doesn't derek bailey do
lot w/ modern dancers?"

it's just that from a philosophical point of view, i don't cotten to the
ideals and motivations that drive performance art...from everything i've
seen and read, it doesn't come across as quite as valid a form of
"art"...to
be frank, i think most performance art is just plain old average bullshit.

my ex-girlfriend was a modern dancer, so i've had my fill of the pretense
(and lack of what i consider to be true talent and originality) that
accompanies the dancers that i was around.

my attitude towards both of these mediums probably places me in a distinct
minority, and while i try not to be conservative in my views, there are
somethings that i can't get up with.

-jim