Re: some fcb1010 & repeater programming questions

--- Dan Soltzberg <d.ans@verizon.net> wrote:

> I also finally got around to dealing with my FCB/ Repeater combination,
>and
> have come up stumped in a couple of areas. I've checked the archives of
>this
> list, the FCB list, and the Repeater list, and not been able to find
>what I
> need. Any help would be much appreciated.

Sorry for the late followup on this, but I can add a little to this.

> Can anyone send specific parameters to program the FCB to:

I don't have my machine or manuals right by me, so I can't give specifics,
but I
can at least confirm that some of these are possible.

> Have one expression pedal change the volume level of all 4 tracks
> simultaneously (probably impossible, but if there's a way, that would be
> awesome)

This would be a nice function, but I don't know how you'd do it. I don't
remember
anything like that in the Repeater's manual. As I remember everything is
based
per-track.

What I did on mine was set up a button that selected the track and made
one of
the two pedals control track volume, so I can fade one track, select the
next,
fade it, etc.

> Overdub and stop overdub with a footpress

You can definitely do (toggle insert/overdub). It doesn't work while you're
recording, it's just like the front panel insert/overdub switch. I have a
pedal
on my FCB set up to do this.

> Program the same footswitch to play and to stop a loop (tried Weg's
> parameters, but it didn't work)

Likewise, there's a PC message to do this. I set it up on mine for awhile,
so I
know it works, but I ended up getting rid of it because it was hard to
tell which
mode it was in (it retains the mode from the last time it was pressed, so
sometimes you it it and it starts playing the loop over, and sometimes it
stops).
It just messed me up. I wish there was a way to leave the light on the
switch on
when it was in one mode or the other (this would work well with the toggle
insert/overdub mode switch too).

> Tap tempo

Oh yeah, definitely doable. First thing I set up on my FCB.

FWIW, I used the PC version of most of these commands, even though a CC
version
is available. It seemed easier to manage with the FCB, since it has
several PC
"slots" and only one CC slot per preset. You just need to remember to
offset the
number value for the PC msgs by one, since the two devices don't use the
same
base number for their numbering scheme (stupid implementation).

> A lot of these issues seem to have to do with whether the footswitch
>works
> as a toggle or not-- is there a way to control this in the global
> parameters?

I don't know anything about that. As I recall, the toggle function was
soemthing
they added in a firmware update for the FCB, which I don't have in mine
(like
that nifty copy preset function...)

If you need real specifics about how to do any of the ones I got working,
I can
figure those out for you (when I have my machines & manuals).

Greg