Behringer FCB1010 and Repeater

Title: Behringer FCB1010 and Repeater

3.25.3

Hello.

I wish to use a foot-operated MIDI controller to operate a Repeater, an Adrenalinn (guitar effects box), an EMU sound module (Virtuoso 2000), and, down the line, a higher end effects processor.

What I think is important right now is (1) ease of use and (2) instant switching.  By instant switching, I mean that I want the effects to be initiated instantly upon my stepping on the switch, such as would be the case using a stomp-box.  This also goes for the Repeater; I presently believe that it’s important to be able to use the footswitches “in time” with the pulse of the music.

I currently am looking at the Behringer FCB1010.  Are my expectations realistic with this controller?  Is there a better way to go, given my concerns?

Are there other considerations I should be holding in mind with this kind of set-up?

Thanks very much.

jb