Re: Sequencers: A lesson learned

In a message dated 3/30/03 12:59:21 PM Eastern Standard Time, sine@zerocrossing.net writes:

What I get off most about looping is really taking almost nothing and
going from there.

since playing with "others" i have not as yet un-packed my gear, so for the past 2 weeks all i have been using is my guitar and casio going into a electrix "mo-fx" (the delay section can do a short loop).....what a totally fun way to learn a piece of equipment and i have found the resulting "loops" to be most enjoyable, full sounding and at times very evolving.....im begining to think that less is better.....there has to be a relationship between being a "musician" and a knob twisting junky and for the longest time i had put the "musician" part on a back burner, kind of like "im not a real looper, i dont have enuf boxes, i need more and more and more".....its refreshing to re-discover that with just a few seconds of loop alone, one can have a grand ol loopy time!.....michael