EDP-->DL8000R MIDI clock weirdness?

Hm. I just plugged the MIDI out from my EDP into my Korg DL8000R. It mostly
tracks tempo just fine but every so often the DL8000R hiccups. Like the
Mo-FX it does so semi-musically so this could almost be useful if it didn't
happen unpredictably. Playing with the feedback pedal on the EDP seemed to
make it happen more often. (Loop4, loop lengths around 3 seconds, 8/8ths
per
cycle, MIDI channels are set differently between the two devices)

Mark