RE: Laptop recommendations

couldn't disagree more.  dells rock.  i've worked with sony, ibm and dell
laptops... i'm about to buy a new laptop (old one was stolen) and... it's
going to be a dell!  and yes this is the machine i'm going to be using for
music performance.

it's true that there is bad ground hum in my old dell, but a 3-2 prong
converter on the laptop power supply makes quick work of it.  no hum.

outside of that, everything else is great... price/performance.. look and
feel... latency with rme hdsp (3ms)... just a great deal overall.

but, to each his own, i guess...

paul