Re: Laptop recommendations

Hi All,

Rick wrote:

<< The other salient factor is the price.............right now for the
price it
would take me to buy a closed architecture Titanium 800 mghz laptop I can
get a
state of the art and upgradeable PC laptop. >>

Worth considering is Sager <http://www.sagernotebook.com>... They use
desktop P4 chips in their laptops so you get more processing power but as
you can imagine they run a bit hot and are also heavier. Their prices
seem better or at least on par with Dell, etc.

<< P.S. I still don't know what sound card to get though, if there is
more
input on that particular question, I'd appreciate it. >>

I don't know if they're available yet but the Tascam US-122 looks
promising, as long as you don't need a ton of inputs
<http://www.tascam.com/press/news/2003_03/1_122.html>.

Cheers,

VJ.

--