Re: How to deal with bump in EDP

I agree with Matt.  I'm all for the constant drone from time to time,
but I kind of feel using a looper to achieve it is kind of a waste.
Why not just have some sort of synth tone and duct tape a key down?
(if money is an issue you can get a $5 garage sale Casio and do great
stuff with it, I swear)I used to play with a guy who did this with an
old Moog and it worked great.  Using a volume pedal and (in the case of
guitar) a Sustainiac or eBow you can create pretty seamless loops with
the EDP, but it's almost impossible to have a perfect drone.  If
anything, you're going to have tone overlap which is going to cause
some phase stuff that has it's own overtone rhythm... which I think is
very cool.  I'll even do some slight string bending or whammy bar stuff
to detune parts to feature that effect.

Mark Sottilaro