Recording tools

OK, folks, my Fostex VF80 arrived yesterday. I
bought it for $525 including shipping from
someone on E-bay, and it seems to work fine.

Now, I need to ask if anyone has any suggestions
about microphones and headphones. I'm looking at
getting a Shure SM-57, as it looks like they're
available relatively cheaply on E-bay (one guy is
selling SM-57's for about 90 a pop, and he throws
in a 20 feet mic cable to boot). What about
headphones? I imagine those are gonna be kinda
pricey. Any thoughts here, folks?

=====
May you never thirst!
The Scuba Diver Presently Known As Chris

"What do you get when you give a yo-yo to a flock of flamingos?"-James
Earl Jones