Re: Volume pedals

Right, any frictionless device that could be calibrated to a fairly high
degree of tolerance would work.  True, the Ernie Ball is passive, and
built like a tank.  But any pot subjected to that much abuse is going to
go eventually.

Here's my question: Why are they so expensive?  Even the Morleys... they
look to be about $5 dollars of sheet steel and some electronic
components easily bought at RadioShack.... While I'm at it, why are MIDI
controllers so expensive?  Aside from the Behringer, they all seem very
pricy compared to the things they're controlling.  I know accessories
are where retail makes it's money, but man oh man.  At this point, you
can literally buy a Digitech RP200 effects processor with a built in
pedal for the same price as an Earnie Ball stereo effect pedal.  Crazy.

Mark Sottilaro