tony martucci - looping drummer video

I was just checking through the Kennedy centre archives and came across a
chap called Tony Martucci using looping technology in a one-man percussive
performance. 55 minutes in total but only two looped tracks, viz the second
track, approx 8 minutes into the performance, and again at about 34 mins or
something of that order which is as far as I got before realaudio decided
be come all picture and no sound.

It sounds like he's using a DL-4 or other basic looping function to create
foundation loop, overdubbing more material and then grooving over the top.
Interesting & relevant stuff for me as a solo percussionist preparing for a
gig (my inaugural looping gig) with Rick Walker in Belfast as part of his
euroloop tour, June 13 Linenhall Library, Belfast if I may get away with a
plug. :)

http://play.rbn.com/?url=kennedy/kennedyg2/g2demand/01212003_1800_MSN.rm&pro
to=rtsp

You may need to cut & paste the link above to get it to work.

Enjoy

Paul
Paul Marshall
Portfolio Sound Artist
www.powerhaus.net
www.drumdojo.com
NI Facilitator for the Da Capo Foundation
www.dacapo.co.uk
Drumdojo Recommended Reading For April 2003  - Indigenous Irish Percussion
http://www.drumdojo.com/world/ireland/