Re: les paul

For anybody interested - I found an old post in the
archives:

------------------------------
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 18:59:15 -0800
From: kflint@annihilist.com (Kim Flint)
To: Loopers-Delight@annihilist.com
Subject: RE: "Jamman" up for a Grammy

>> He also describes Les Paul's first home-brew
looping machine (late
>1940's) which was dubbed the "Les Paulverizer".
>
>Never heard of that before - did Chet tell you about
the "Les Paulverizer"?
>What kind of device was it? How did it work? I'd love
to include this info
>in our "History of Looping" webpage.

A bit of trivia: When I was at Gibson, we periodically
kicked around the
idea of a footpedal looper, and guess what the working
title usually was?
Why, Les Paulverizer, of course......

I'm sure Les wouldn't have minded a few extra royalty
dollars....

kim