RE: bouncing for bucks!

At 05:18 PM 5/4/2003, astroblue wrote:
> > ..because they use unreliable mail servers
>
>I use a business quality ISP (?? thought I did anyway! - (NorthWest
>Link)), one that has many respectable Seattle business clients, which
>sure doesn't fit the profile you are painting of the ISP of a bouncing
>client. I think its a little more complicated than you assume.

haha, you're a funny guy Bob. Yeah, long ago I used to host Looper's
Delight at places like that. Serving business customers hardly means an
ISP
is "reliable". That's why I now run LD out of my own server, managed by my
own Linux guru, installed in a carefully selected data center with
redundant network and power connections, 24/7 monitoring, very competent
techs, and most important, an SLA guaranteeing 100% uptime and statistics
to prove they can deliver it. If your ISP is really reliable, they will
advertise this right up front and give you numbers to back it up.

Interestingly, this DIY route also turned out to be a much cheaper
solution
than all the crappy "business quality" ISP's I went through in the past. I
just found a few other mid size websites who were fed up with crappy
overpriced ISP service and we made our own ISP just to serve us. It's
worked great and saved us all a lot of headaches and money.

>...and hey as long as I'm whining (yeh fuck you t-shirt guys right in
>the ear), no time like the present to throw a five spot in the jar!
>Just to make sure Kim knows "I'm smiling when I say that" I just did
>exactly that and those of you playing along at home can too.
>
>Do like I just did and drop on over to
>http://www.loopers-delight.com/loop.html and hit the "donate" link. Its
>fun, and you can bitch all you want if you keep dropping bucks in the
>pot!

Hey, I like that policy! $5/whine. If I had $5 for every time some LD user
bitched at me for some silly reason, I wouldn't have to beg for money all
the time!

of course, if you actually want me to do anything about whatever it is
your're whining about, that's extra.

kim