Re: Dig if u will my research paper Chapter2

In a message dated 5/27/03 2:29:31 PM Pacific Daylight Time, kflint@loopers-delight.com writes:

>I feel compelled to point out that i'm not sure about the others you
>mentioned, but Klaus Schulze was definitely doing the "time lag
>accumulator" looping thing with tape machines. there's actually a picture
>here: http://www.klaus-schulze.com/photos/8402.htm  it's behind him, in a
>road case constructed for the task.

ah, well there you go! another influential looper. (if you look carefully,
there are actually two decks in the picture side by side, not one as
somebody else mentioned.) However, the picture is from 1984 when this sort
of thing was more common. Did he use tape loops in his earlier days?

I seem to remember that Schulze used vari-speeded Revoxes for tape echo during the 70's. I think there's a good photo on the "Moondawn" lp cover.

Tim