Re: livelooping.com

At 08:56 PM 5/31/2003, Matthias Grob wrote:
>>In fact, it seems kind of insane to me to make a new site and spend
>years
>>of work developing traffic patterns for it rather than just putting the
>>same stuff on LD where the traffic is already there.
>
>Actually, we imagined you would put a link from LD to LL, once you see
>what it is and understand its benefit.
>And Kevin had promissed to make a good visible link on Gibson.com.

the important point, which I guess you guys will learn sooner or later, is
that a couple of links on other sites, even popular ones, doesn't really
bring all that much traffic.

>>I dunno, I guess you guys have a lot of time on your hands or something.
>
>no, thats why its going slow :-)
>But the time to create it for LD or on a separate site is about the same.
>So I wonder why you say that?

Creating the web pages is the easy part. Getting people to come look at
them is the really hard part. Getting the people to keep coming back is
even harder. It takes a lot of time, effort, and money to develop traffic
patterns for a new web site.

kim