Re: Is looping a tool or a style?

Have been following discussion of whether looping is a style or a tool and
thought I'd throw my 2 cents in --
In my own solo shows using vocals, synths and an edp, I consider the edp as
a tool to help me present the music I want to present -- I may mention the
use of a looper in publicity but don't stress it.  I'm more interested in
presenting myself as a singer/shaman/composer. A few people usually come up
after a set and want to know how I'm doing what I'm doing, and it's always
fun to share my tools with them.
But at home I do sometimes do what I consider "looping music" -- it's close
to what Matthias writes about, a kind of putting myself into a comforting
sonic trance state where things are fading in and out, and the point isn't
so much a performance for others to listen to but a way for me to get in
touch with other areas of myself that tend to get buried in the daily
mental
static --
not to say that this music isn't worthy of being presented in concert, I
just tend to go another direction in live performance --
cheers~!