Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2003 9:21 AM
Subject: pedalboard dharma

hey folks--

Seems like it's time for me to hardwire a pedalboard. I thought I'd ask what clever things some of you have done in this realm. I'm sure everyone has discovered cool solutions to organizing their messes of gear, and I'd love to put all the best ideas into this project.

(I don't really have much money to spend right now, so getting one professionally made is out of the question.)

I did start to make a pedalboard once upon a time, and in fact bought a roll of velcro and carpeted two boards, but stopped short of tying anything down because:

1. I need to set my floor stuff up in different ways sometimes depending on the physical layout of the stage/ playing space.

2. with a volume pedal on each signal chain between the looper and the amplifier, and my EDP sitting on top of my amplifier rack, there's still a fair amount of cable that runs between the amps and the floor setup.

3. It seemed vulnerable to transport pedalboards with exposed equipment on them

4. this'll sound stupid, but the velcro didn't clear the rubber bumpers on the bottoms of the pedals.

In appreciation for your help, I'll share one of the most useful things I know (non-looping, though):
if you're banging a nail into some wood, use your hammer to dull the tip of the nail first. Then the nail won't split the wood.

thanks all,

dan

--
ghost 7/ Oranje