Re: review of digi pedals w/one being 4sec delay/loop

Wellllll.......................

I got mine for a barganous £70 inc power supply.

I bought it to use as a vocal effect to add delay (a-la howie day live)
and
it works a treat,I have found it to be very quiet.
  BUT,and this is a good but........I decided to plug it into my guitar
setup before my Delay pitch shifter and RC-20, Man this baby can do some
great stuff.
  First off, for many of us 5 seconds is a lot of delay time to play
with,you can get a two bar arpegio crammed in there if u like that kind of
thing,or I can put down a rythmic groove on a shorter delay and
fewer repeats then when i get something i like, i crank the feedback right
up and record it to the loopstation,if you have a seond looping pedals
such
as this, you can use it to create longer mutated versions,then once you
have
that playing too kick the Digitech back on and loop a new part on it that
will have (if your careful with your timing) exactly the same loop
time(Heaven).

  The reverse guitar setting is also of note due to the huge amout of
backwards time it has aailable think it ens up being strechable with
forward
and reverse to something in the region of 12secs.

  the pedal also gives you a build in amp sim, it aint perfect but it is a
plus that you wouldnt expect, and it is available in bypass as well as
when
your using the delay ect.

  as for the actual loop setting, its pretty hot for such a small piece of
kit, its initially a bit strange to use cos you have to keep you foot
pressed on the pedal for as long as you want to record, this is the
oposite
to the loopstation where you foot tap the start and end, its not problem
as
such,in fact i recon with pratice its probably the more accrate of the two
,
it just adds an element of patting your head and rubbing your tummy if
your
using them both.
anyway, basically your first press lets you set the loop legnth,and with a
quick tap you can  get VERY small almost constant sounding loops, then
subsequent taps and holds add an overlay of what ever you are
playing,(again
the non latching effect  i probably a plus cos you can rythmicly "stutter"
the inserted loop if you get what i mean) Ive never ran out of layers so I
conclude that eventually subsequent layers fade out to be replaced by the
newer ones, also pretty good.

  I guess I should point out the few niggles (and most of these are minor)

1.the feedback is a little unconventional.
In order to get full feedback you have to land the dial right on
ritghangle
3 o'clock position. any less and it eventually fades, and more and you go
into kind of a sound on sound mode, where the sound locks on a long fade
but
any guitar played goes straight through without getting added into the
delay
loop, it can work well, but its a bit hit and miss as to which setting you
end up on, paticularly live.

2.The delay time knob cant be "detuned" like a boss pedal can, instead of
nice smooth increace in pitch and speed you get a glitchy sound then the
sound lands back in the new time but shorter.
  again in sure this is something i'll eventuallt use as a plus point or
effect, its just worth mentioning.

3. and i know this is probably picky, but nearly all other pedals ive ever
used have the first (shortest) delay at the 6 o'clock position, this one
is
a little unconventional as it has the No1 setting at about 4 or 5 o'clock,
this sounds like nothing, but the amount on times on stage i have to get
from Loop sampler at the longest delay time (nomaly at 9 o'clock) and miss
it comlpetly and end up in the mod delay setting.

well there you go, sorry if ive gone on too long, just wanted to give a
good
overview of what i'd say is a cracking pedal.

cu all soon
Phill

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger