Re: What are you looping

--- Terry Blankenship <electricgypsys@yahoo.com>
wrote:
> The things I heard on the CT Project so far sounded
> like most were using synthesizers, samples, found
> sounds, etc. Only a few guitar players.

Actually, the majority of us in the CT-Collective
*are* primarily guitarists, but the unique nature of
the projects can make that seem like it's not the
case. What we often do is to propose a set of
guidelines for a CD such as "no electric instruments
on this one", "build tracks entirely out of found
sounds", "use *only* percussion instruments", "feature
filters", "a cappella", et cetera. The result is a
collection of tracks that's not entirely
representative of the stuff the members of the
Collective *usually* do as individuals; it gets us
thinking differently, lets us to do things our regular
projects wouldn't allow for, encourages versatility,
and so forth.

Also, many of the tracks that sound like
synths/keyboards/whatever *are* actually guitars...

(There's even a track on Bluezette where
percussionist/bassist Rick Walker plays guitar!
Conversely, for my own track on that project, because
I assumed that a blues-based project would be
guitar-biased, I did my tune using only a bass.)

-t-