Re: Live Looping Techniques

> I was curious if any of you doing live looping gigs
>  ever start with a series of already pre-recorded basic
>  loops, or do you create everything on the spot.

personally, it's all live playing, though
at the moment there's a lot of composition.

>  For those of you using stereo echoplexes are you using
>  them just to get a stereo sound or as two seperate
>  units so you have more loops available at anytime.

mostly just stereo at the moment, but there's lots
of stuff you can do with 2 EDPs.
for instance
1) just reverse one of the stereo pair, or half speed
2) create polyrhythm by Multiplying each EDP to
      a different no. of Cycles
3) pseudo multitracking with both EDPs on same loop length

>  Will the echoplex remember loops after you've turned
>  it off or are they lost?

no, it forgets audio (but keeps parameter edits)

>  What are the biggest benefits of having two
>  echoplexes?

probably at the moment it's being able to play through
stereo FX, and loop without the loop sound going mono.

andy butler