Re: Echoplex foot controller sharing?

Loopers-Delight-d-request@loopers-delight.com writes:

> I'm looking for a commercially available A/B box to allow the same
>  thing.  Kim said that a passive box would work, but I'm looking for
>  someone who's actually done this and can provide specific model info or
>  suggestions.  The archive appears to run pretty dry after this.
>
>  So far I've tried a Rapco AB-100, which is a passive ABY (each channel
>  has its own on/off switch), but when I switch A or B off, it resets the
>  loop, as if I'd done a long-hold Record push.

....because its connecting the EDP footcontroller I/P to earth.
maybe you can open the box and snip the wires that do this

....also it won't work to switch A & B on together

you need a single pole double throw latching switch
 (SPDT)
these have 3 contacts, one of which is common and
is connected to each  of the other 2 in turn

At the moment, it seems you have a box with 2 of these in, each
switch is connecting the EDP either to the FC7, or to earth.

so if you want to rewire your box so that one button switches between
2 EDPs , then using the switch of your choice

1) the contact which now connects to an EDP should connect to FC7
2) the contact which now connects to ground should connect to EDP 1
3) the contact which now connects to  FC7 should connect to EDP 2

andy butler
but this "Dennis Leas" modification sounds like the best option