Re: using presets on the echoplex

At 11:28 AM 6/24/2003, Terry Blankenship wrote:
>I am using an echoplex with loop IV and a PMC10 midi
>pedal.
>
>My question is on using presets in general.
>
>I set up everything to start with a program change
>(which changes the preset in the echoplex to what ever
>preset I want), then I set the note on and off info.
>Is this the correct way to be doing this?

you mean every midi command you have programmed for the echoplex starts
with a program change for the presets? I can't quite understand why you
would do that. is there some goal you have here? I could see if you had
some special function you wanted to do, like changing 8ths/cycle at the
same time as a halfspeed command, as was previously mentioned. But it
seems
strange to do it for every function all the time.

Most people just set parameters a certain way and leave them. Some people
have a few different settings they switch between once in a while. that's
the point of presets. It just simplifies changing a bunch of parameters at
once. on the occasions when you want to change them, you would send the
program change for it, and then otherwise go about using the echoplex the
same way. But I don't think very many people would have a reason to send a
program change message every time.

kim