From: Greg House [mailto:ghunicycle@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, June 27, 2003 7:50 AM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Looping because you suck?

To which I replied (Greg House <ghunicycle@yahoo.com>):
> > Definitely in my case. Is that a problem?

Then Terry followed up with:

> No, Brian Eno created some wonderful music and he
> claimed to be a non- musician. I though the music he
> created was very musical.
>
> I just like David Torn's CDs because he plays guitar
> really well.
<snip>

Greg replied:
I've been thinking about this concept
for a day or two now, the idea that we would use loopers to cover up the
fact
that we are poor instrumentalists.

I'm wondering if that's really possible. When I loop, the results are not
any
better then when I play without looping. In fact, it can be worse if I'm
having a
bad day or something, simply because there are more layers of my suckage to
hear
at the same time. Looping has challenged me as a musician in a way that
solo
and
ensemble playing haven't. For me, making good music while looping seems
more
difficult, in a way, since I need to be more careful.