Re: Eberhard's intonation...

--- Steve Lawson <steve@steve-lawson.co.uk> wrote:

> The most amazing fretless musician I've ever seen
> from an intonation point
> of view is Ned Evett - a fretless guitarist from

I bought Fernandes fretless guitar from his
fretlessguitar.com website.  The Sustainer circuit
works great as a solution to the problem of lack of
natural sustain on the upper portions of the neck.  I
still have it - in fact it's in the shop right now
having a GK2 pickup and .011 Elixir coated strings
(Ned recommends theses because the coating reduces the
wear on the fretboard) put on.  The only complaint
I've had is that the high E string sounded much weaker
than the other strings with the Sustainer, which why
I'm having that problem addressed by replacing the
original .009s with the heavier strings.

I did inquire about the glass fingerboard mod option
that fretlessguitar.com was to offer, but their reply
was they found glass to chip too easily to offer as an
option on a mass-produced guitar.

Paolo