Repeater - .WAV to CFC ever solved?

Hi all,
Long time listener, first time caller, my name is Alex and I just bought a
used Electrix Repeater (OS 1.1).

I've searched the mailing list archives and I see that many folks in the
past have dealt with trying to copy externally created .WAV files to a CFC
and have Repeater recognize them successfully.  I know that this has to do
with .ldf and .tdf files existing in the same folder with your .WAV files
and having the correct info about the your .WAV files (length info, etc.).

Has a workaround ever be sorted for this?

Repeater will recognize your .WAV files if you copy .ldf and .tdf files
into
from another folder into the LOOP folder with your .WAV files but, of
course, the loop size in the .ldf file does not reflect the actual size of
your .WAV file.

Can an .ldf file be edited (i.e. with ResEdit on a Mac) to contain the
correct loop size for your .WAV file?  I would think that this is the main
obstacle to overcome.

Any tips or workarounds would be greatly appreciated, as I am trying to get
some existing backing tracks (consisting of a stereo pair of drum loop
files
and a mono bass synth file each) from my Mac onto the Repeater.

Thanks, Alex