Re: MiniDisc suggestions

--- Richard Zvonar <zvonar@zvonar.com> wrote:
> At 8:46 PM -0700 7/1/03, Greg Kucharo wrote:

> >This box would probably be a better choice;
> >
> >http://www.archos.com/products/prw_500277.html
>
> Good suggestion, though it weighs three times as much as the MZ-R700.
> Still, 12 ounces isn't too bad and the I/O capabilities are
> reasonably serious.

The Archos boxes contain a small form factor hard drive. My question is
how much
noise they make in operation. That could be a factor in a quiet recording
situation. I've used a small Sony MD recorder before and it didn't have any
issues. The only sounds it made were when it was loading a new disc,
finding
track marks, etc. Has anyone here used the Archos box?

Greg