Re: MiniDisc suggestions

   Amusingly enough, and quite frightening if you ask me. Xitel has just
released, (on the 30th to be exact), a new cable to let you transfer
back *and* forth between a PC and MD.  Unfortunately, the software
looks to be Windows only but it may not be needed.

http://www.xitel.com/product_mdpio.htm

So thanks to the good Dr. Zvonar for bringing this subject up, as it
appears to have been all that was required to get companies to do our
bidding!

On Wednesday, July 2, 2003, at 09:39 AM, Mark Hamburg wrote:

> I've been looking for moderately related recording hardware: I'd like
> find something that would take an SPDIF input (preferably at better
> than
> 16-bits), record it, and then provide an easy way to transfer the
> results
> back to a computer (Mac). I've been thinking of getting something like
> the
> ART DI/O box as a converter but I then need to go the next step on
> recording.
>
> It would mean living with 16-bit, but I've considered CD-R recorders.
> Does
> anyone have feedback on those?
>
> Portability would be nice but isn't vital.
>
> Mark

"Tuesdays are human sacrifice day at the Sizzler." -MST3K