Re:Loop III ---> Loop IV Upgrade

Hey, many thanks for the reply Kim.

I guess I didn't word that right - -  I should have said:  Is the front panel of a factory Loop IV physically the same as an upgraded Loop III machine?  Any new buttons or knobs?

Somebody kindly wrote me off-line to say that there is no physical difference, but some of the buttons have different functions and the sub menu item "Reserved" is used to store loop presets.

I'm wondering also if it is possible to pick up the upgrade in person.  I live in the Bay Area (Mill Valley) and noticed the PO Box address for Aurisis is in Berkeley. I'm over that way often and  wouldn't mind having the upgrade sooner than the 4 week shipping time.

Best
SteveK
www.GelRest.com

In a message dated 7/5/2003 2:23:02 PM Pacific Daylight Time, Loopers-Delight-d-request@loopers-delight.com writes:

At 06:12 PM 7/4/2003, GelRest@aol.com wrote:
>I plan to upgrade my Loop III to Loop IV and am wondering if there is any
>difference in the front panel between the two models.  Obviously the
>firmware can be upgraded, but are there any critical differences in the
>unit's buttons or knobs?

upgrading from LoopIII to LoopIV doesn't change anything physically about
the echoplex, it is just software. The basic functionality of everything
remains the same. LoopIV adds many enhancements and new features on top of
what was already there.

kim