Possibly OT: Robert Rich in Illinois, USA

For those of you in the Chicago/St Louis area, Robert Rich will be
playing July 22nd in my studio in downtown Chillicothe, IL (which is 15
miles from Peoria). It is easily accessible by highway (a 20 minute
drive from I-74 and a 30 minute drive from I-39). I will have seating
for 30 people in my storefront location. Coffee drinks, soft drinks,
desserts, and wif-fi will be available at a coffee bar located across
the street, which will be open especially late for this occasion.

I still have tickets available (pre-orders came from as near as down
the street and as far as North Carolina). it's possible there will be
room for standing guests but I can't guarantee room. Showtime is 8pm,
and I am the opening act. the PA setup is a pair of Mackie SR1530s,
which i find to be excellent for this environment ... very clean and
full-range.

Tickets are 10 dollars in advance and 12 at the door. email me at
(erwill at suitandtieguy dot com) if you wish to purchase tickets ahead
of time or would like directions. the address is:

953 N Second Street
Chillicothe IL 61523

I don't believe Robert is playing in Chicago so this will be an
excellent opportunity for a short road trip for those in the area to
see him play in a comfortable and intimate surrounding.

estimated distances:
Chicago: 2-3 hours (depending on the neighborhood)
St Louis: 3 hours from downtown
Indianapolis: 4 hours
Iowa City: 2.5 hours
Madison: 3 hours

I have cross-posted to three different lists which i feel may be
interested in this show: Analogue Heaven, Loopers' Delight, and the
Yahoo Tangerine Dream group. if you feel other people may be
interested, feel free to forward this posting and my email address to
them.

if you are unfamiliar with Robert Rich, his website is
http://robertrich.com/ ... he's an excellent ambient musician who
incorporates a wide variety of textural composition and performance
techniques (modular synthesis, handmade flutes, lap steel, looping,
sequencing, and microtonality come to mind), and i feel he has a
definite mastery of the genre.

thanks,
---
Eric Williamson