Re: How Many Delays, synced and unsynced

At 7:41 AM -0700 7/16/03, Relay wrote:
>How many delay units in series (one into another, as it were) are you
>folks
>using?

I'm currently splitting the stereo outputs from the "A machine" of an
Eventide Orville into the inputs of a pair of brother-synced EDPs and into
input one of a Rane SM-82 mixer. The outputs of the EDPs go into another
channel of the Rane. There is an Electrix Repeater in the stereo effects
send/return of the Rane. With a little planning, I can get three
independent stereo loops going. I can pour the output of the Orville into
either the EDPs or the Repeater, or I can pour the output of the EDPs into
the Repeater.

This means that if I put all these things in series, I could have 87
seconds from the Orville, 198 seconds from the EDPs, and 240 seconds from
the Repeater. This works out to 8:45 all in glorious stereo. It's an
embarrassing amount of gear to throw at making Righteous Racket, but it
sure is fun.

Chris

p.s.
I forgot to mention the 40 seconds that the Orville has in each of its A
and B machines for general purpose delay, reverb, chorus, etc. use. Oh...
my guitar amp has a spring reverb, too. :-)

--
 http://www.xfade.com/ | theory and practice. In practice, there is.
     cbm@well.com      |               - Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut