Re: Repeater and sync from midi in

On Friday, July 18, 2003, at 05:28 AM,
goddard.duncan@mtvne.com wrote:

on closer examination, the repeater seems to be trying, despite the
external clock, to figure out the "native" tempo of the incoming audio
for itself.

> and it gets it wrong- in my case, it usually doubles it. so what I
> hear is (say) a loop that the repeater thinks is 180bpm but being
> played at 90bpm which is how fast the clock is running that's going up
> it's rear. I suspect it's something to do with the exact moment you
> drop it out of record, but I'll have to experiment with putting PC's
> into a sequencer (to replace my haphazard button pushes) and see if
> that improves matters. watch this space.

I've had that happen.  It's bad MIDI clock.  My Roland MC-307 would do
this if it were overtaxed.  I also would get it when there were shaky
MIDI cables.  I've had this happen at gigs when using a EDP as a clock
due to the way it figures out BPM.

Bye the way, the Repeater's clock is horrible.

Mark Sottilaro