Re: Ebay (Was Re: Selecting vendors)

>Probably the reason you will only get a small fraction, is because
>you bought them when they were the latest and greatest!

I think we're going in circles here. My point: Regardless of what
gear you buy and when, its value diminishes rather dramatically and
rather quickly (vintage guitars/amps excluded of course). You seemed
to suggest otherwise.

>Your example seems to argue my point. Despite paying a premium
>price, you didn't really buy yourself any protection from
>obsolescence.

How in the world is it possible to protect against obsolescence when
buying the newest product (whether it's a computer or new gear)? I
bought what was the top of the line ibook at the time. It's not
possible to buy next year's model today.

Jeff