Re: obsolesence

I had one of those... I do remember doing some pretty wild things with
it.  I had a patch where  you could control the pitch shift interval
with one pedal and the delay of the pitch shift with the other.
Feedback all the way up.  Crazy sound.  I could get some fairly decent
pre-amp tones too from what I can remember.  First rack piece of gear I
ever owned.  When it died I replaced it with a Digitech 2112 and I
seemed to think my overall tone got better, but it's hard to say.  I
thought moving to the Lexicon would be another step up, but to be
honest, it's pre-amp sounds were way weak IMO.  I thought having to
loose it would hurt as I liked the shimmer and gloss of those Lexicon
reverbs and choruses, but going back to the 2120 (upgraded) has been
great.  Other than the pain in the ass of having to tap out delay times
I don't miss the G2 at all.

I think what happens to me is I start thinking I want to hear a certain
tone, and I forget I have it and what I really need to be doing is
playing and not programming new presets on some new box.

About the SGX2000, I took a black Marks-a-lot and totally went over the
front panel of it and it seemed to sound a lot better after that mod.

Mark Sottilaro