Re: future steps

> Step based
>
>  I would also like to have the looper step based according to a chosen
>  "grid" (16 steps for 4/4 or maybe 10 if you want to play in 5/4 with an
>  8 note resolution). The grid should be completely user definable, maybe
>  even affected by "groove quantising" (like ReCycle or pHATmatic Pro
>  running under Logic. With the ability to use, export/import, the same
>  groove quantize maps as the host application uses for midi or audio).

or quantise to the incoming audio :-)

>  Kind of the way Loop IV now can divide a loop into segments according to
>  the 8ths/cycle setting, but in my vision it should also be possible to
>  use the steps/slices/segments for different filtering, re-pitching,
>  reversing and just about every usual loop mangling technique. One
>  application could be to drive a filter for "step sequenced dynamical
>  filtering" of the loop (like the Step Filter in Cubse SX and others).

possible already with line 6 filter pro , and MAM warp9

>  You should also be able to save all grid/step sequencing parameters as
>  "pre-sets", to be instantly recalled by midi commands. Just think about
>  setting up bass lines and melodies by re-pitching different 32 note
>  segments of the loop! Then you could start out with looping a drone and
>  then kick in the preset for "funky sub dominant".

I like :-)

> Transpose short
>  segments up/down one or two octaves. Or apply a simple "random segment
>  shift" function to have the loop play back segments in a different
>  order. Opens up a lot of interesting possibilities.

or use sequences of changes similar to those used by English
church bell change ringers

123456
214365
241635
426153
462513
645231
654321
563412

and so on, simple swaps making a complex pattern

andy butler