RE: Hard disk recording killed the tape star

2" Tape is still not obsolete in the recording industry and I really
don't see that ever happening. Even David Torn still uses a
micro-cassette player for his loops from time to time - In the end it's
just a matter of preference. The thing about the music community is good
pieces of gear never really go out of style. Do you really think there
will be a day when people will no longer desire a all tube amp, or the
simplicity of a stomp box? We aren't talking computers here that get out
of date in 6 months. These things last - even when they don't sound too
good they usually have a character that somebody picks up on and uses in
some creative way. Man have you guys seen how many Theremin players are
out there in Los Angeles alone?