Re: Stereo EDP -- some statistics and an opinion...

>Stereo shmereo - what a paper tiger!! - a few thoughts:
>
>1) all natural (as opposed to electrically enhanced) instruments are mono.

This is such a grandiose oversimplification, I don't know where to
start...
;-) Rather than actually try, I'll offer this: a grand piano is an eminent
example of a stereophonic instrument.

What makes any instument, natural or otherwise, 'monophonic' is the result
of recording and rendering it using a single channel. It's the capture and
reproduction, not the instrument, that bears the characteristic of being
mono.

And, being 80% guitarist myself;-) - I'd add that a classical guitar, like
many other natural instruments, is a spatial sound source, not a
single-point sound field.

As ever, not helping,
Nic