Re: learning to play perfectly to a click track

>     My point re. "rhythm is pich made slow" is that just as one might
> use an
> electronic tuner to improve one's sense of pitch and make oneself more
> sensitive to subtle variations in pitch, so one might use a metronome
> improve one's sense of rhythm. Electronic tuners generate a reliable
> standard of pitch; metronomes generate a reliable standard of rhythm.
> We may
> "tune" our tuning chops just as we may "tune" our rhythmic chops.
> Drummers
> who think that metronomes make their playing too stiff belong in bands
> with
> guitarists who think that tuners make their guitars too stale

Yeah, this I totally agree with.  A coworker constantly brings me in
recordings of is Phish-like band and the songs are always comically off
rhythm and out of tune.  Drives me nuts.  I've been playing with drum
machines for so long now that I've become really sensitive to this.  He
seems to have fun with it, so it's all good. <trigger bonghit sound>

>     And the universe is the manifestation of one vibration. Maya is
> one huge
> overtone series, of which we get to experience one little pie-slice.
> All is
> bliss, all is bliss...................

The farther one travels, the less one knows!

Mark Sottilaro