Re: Line6 loopers

In a message dated 9/5/03 12:25:29 PM Central Daylight Time, goddard.duncan@mtvne.com writes:

>>It could also be a shielding issue within the Line6 box (ie, it's receiving the
RF trash and processing it).

Or could it be a problem with differing line voltages? I've seen that vary
considerably between locations and every once in awhile a piece of gear will do
odd things if the voltage is too far out.<<

I last heard mine do it in the corner of my lounge, on a regulation line6 power supply and with a fender jazz going through a boss limiter into it. the limiter was also running off a linear (i.e. not switched-mode) power supply. the only interference I've been aware of in this location before has been the fella downstairs has dimmable lights that buzz a bit if I'm wandering about playing something w/o humbuckers in it. and he was out on this occasion.

I wondered if it was recording it's own clock at certain tempi- maybe the anti-aliasing isn't quite right at longer pre-delay settings?

duncan.

No, I only run a tight pre-delay in looping mode, almost sounds like a teeny lil bathroom.  I'm convinced that it's either an RF thing, or a line voltage thing, because it only happens in certain rooms.  Both of which are the "Sports Cafe" format with gobs of TVs playing sports from all over the world, and me jamming in the corner.  What FREQ do TV's print their screens?  Perhaps it is an RF thing, because I only noticed it when I went to halftime on the loop, maybe double that and it was out of my hearing range . . .

If it is an RF thing, can I do a shielding Mod, like I've done to my Strat and Tele?

I really want this to go away.

-Justin
http://artists.iuma.com/IUMA/Bands/Justin_Fobes/