RUDE (was Re: looking for a Warr)

contributers is ripe with this kind of behavior.

However, while we all go Off Topic (often a lot), I think the reason
that you're getting an especially rude reaction is because this is the
first and only post any of us have ever seen from you.  Perhaps if you
had introduced yourself, described how your loop setup works or what
you're doing with loops and your music and THEN asked if any of us knew
of a Warr for sale you would have received a much better and more
helpful response.  I get pissed at people who yell at me for being off
topic every now and then (ok, maybe a lot) because I've been typing
volumes about looping and looping gear on this list since 1994.

Think of it in terms of a party.  Would you walk into a party where you
didn't know anyone and ask if anyone was selling a Warr guitar?  Nope.
Even if you knew it was populated by a lot of musicians, you'd first
try to strike up general conversations with the people at the party
based on what they were already talking about and *then* maybe
interject that you were looking for a certain instrument.  Walking into
a party and interrupting the conversation with your specific agenda
is.. well plain and simply rude.  You can't change the world, but you
can change yourself.

Frankly, if you became one of the people who only made random off topic
posts I'd probably eventually just set up an email filter to not have
to deal with you.  Maybe rude, but time effective.  No one here really
owes you anything, so maybe you'd be better off thinking about what you
can give before you ask for what you can get.

Mark Sottilaro