Re: Loopers-Delight-d Digest V03 #688

Hey gang,

     I just spoke with Peter Toms (in person), the guy at Condor
Electronics who is making power
supplies available.  He showed me one of them and they are about 50%
larger and have a higher
capacity than the Electrix models.  And just like the current Electrix PS,
they will work with
50-60 Hz, at 100-240 volts.  Perfect for all you overseas Repeater users,
or people hoping to gig
out of the US or Canada.  Just like the Electrix version, these also have
a male plug for the
power cord, so you can easily switch from a 120v cord to a 240v cord of
whatever plug
configuration.  CE certified.

     Currently he is conversing with IVL in hopes of procuring all their
leftover replacement
parts.  Some of their parts are specific to the Repeater and cannot be
replaced once their supply
runs out (short of ordering quantities of 500).  I'm talking about things
like IC chips.  If you
have any issues with repair of an Electrix unit, you can either send it to
IVL who maintain a
current repair department, or you can send it to Condor.  Before Electrix
went under, Condor was
the only authorized repair warrentee shop in the US.  Peter is an avid
Repeater user and is doing
this power supply project because he believes in supporting this
community.  He also uses all the
other Electrix gear in his stand-up bass rig.

     He told me to mention to this list that Condor is making these power
supplies available for
$90 plus shipping.  Again, if he were able to buy these in bulk, the cost
would go way down.
Though again, he'd probably have to buy 200 at a time and I don't think
he'd ever recoup his
expenses if he made that plunge.  They come with a full warrantee from
Electrix.  He hopes to ship
the first batch out as early as next week.  After that, he'll make up a
few at a time to supply
the demand from this list.

     You can order them directly from Condor Electronics (no web presence):

     Condor Electronics
     125 N 36th Street
     Seattle WA 98103

     206 633 5190