Echoplex input issues

As I noted about a month ago, something is going on with one of my
Echoplexes where the input essentially shuts down. The input light glows,
but nothing makes it into the loop. After a couple weeks, it more or less
mysteriously fixed itself but it's now happened two more times in
relatively
rapid succession. Each time I've gotten in back by booting up with the
parameter and record buttons pressed, but even this hasn't always worked.
Is
there a reliable way to reboot the machine when it happens? Is there a
specific hardware problem I should be worrying about?

I've exchanged sporadic e-mail with Shane at Gibson, but I'd like to find
an
answer or a work around that made me more confident for Friday's show. I
can
swap back to my older EDP, but it has heat sensitivity problems.

Thanks.
Mark