Re: Another feature + Q. for EDP developers: updating the EDP footpedal??

I have a question for the EDP developers and manufacturers regarding the
interface. I accept changing the faceplate and hardware interface of the
EDP
unit would be prohibitively difficult and uneconomical.

But what about changes to the EDP footswitch/pedal?  Is this possible?
Perhaps this is an avenue for exploration?

For example, is it possible to change the EDP footpedal design so it
contains a second row of buttons that could be used to, for example, change
presents, or jump to a particular loop?  Essentially my idea is to use new
buttons to directly access many features currently combined into the
existing buttons.

OK - just for discussion purposes, and without claiming these to be
definitively great ideas, here are a few thoughts:

                                1          2           3          4
5           6
Row 2         o           o          o           o          o            o
                 bank*    rev      1/2sp     Beg      End          ?
?
                        [copy of the edp visual window]  <----- a luxury !
                   o           o          o           o          o
o           o
Row 1       rec        ovd      mult        ins      mute      undo
nextloop

rev - allows direct access to Reverse, so Insert can also be accessed
1/2 - allows direct access to 1/2 speed conversion, so Insert can also be
accessed
Beg - defines beginning of a Loop Window
End - defines end of a Loop Window
? - I dunno, what do you think would be a good idea?

* Bank = allows changing function of Row2 buttons to directly access -- for
example here are three "banks":
                - Presets (1-6) -- and for safety, Presets cannot be
changed
while a EDP contains a loop.
                - Nextloop (1-6)  with 7, 8, 9, 10 , 11, 12 also accessible
by tapping
                                                        6 then 1 = 7
                                                        6 then 2 = 8
                                                        6 then 3 = 9
etc....
                - Tap Delay (1 = tap delay speed - 2 = 2/4 - 3 = 3/4 - 4 =
4/4  - 5 = 5/4 - 6 = 6/4)

Adding visual info:
Adding some LEDS to indicate which "bank" is operative would be nice too.
A copy of the EDP "Visual Window" as on the EDP faceplate would be a
luxury.

OK -- is this even possible???

David Kirkdorffer