RE: evangelize EDP please

If you only have 4db of headroom in your Repeater, then maybe you don't
have
your input and output levels set right? The Repeater is very sensitive to
gain staging. It can sound like crap if you don't nail the levels just
right. Once you do get it dialed in, it's a reasonably quiet unit with
enough headroom to work with.

> there
> is also a warmth to the sound of an edp that seems lacking in the
> repeater.
> it sort of sounds like the repeater is "mpeg-ing" everything and you can
> hear the packets being delivered.

I won't argue with that. The Repeater doesn't have the best A/D-D/A
converters in the world.

<snip the rest>

The reason I bought a Repeater, and the reason I stay with it, is that it's
a great song writing tool as well as a looper. I have four tracks to work
with. I can save my loops and fool around with them on my PC. I can
experiment with chord progressions with lead lines on a separate track.
It's
the perfect bridge between a multitrack recorder and a looper (it's both!).

I realize other people/loopers may not be thinking this way, and may be
more
into a live performance thing. If I didn't care about using the Repeater as
a scratch recorder for song ideas as well as a looper, then I'd be using
the
Echoplex.

--
Mike Barrs