Note to Scott-A-Hansen

Scott,

Thanks for the kind words. Just when one gets to feeling
a bit like a turd somebody says something really very nice.
You made my day. Thanks.

Yes, I really hate to say it -- 'cause I'm definitely NOT
an anti-digital luddite -- but nothing (so far, IMHO) seems
to truly replicate the exact warmth and tone of tubes.
Even the way they interact with the signal level/harmonic
character of how one plays/picks a string is something
unique. That's why they say half of your tone is also in
your fingers.

Tone and sound quality are very important to me. At
the Y2K3 gig in Santa Cruz last month, something in my
rack/signal-chain died and my tone went down the toilet
in a major fashion -- speaking of turds (heheh).

I played as well as I could anyway (or tried to, I hope).
But it sure was agony when I wasn't getting the tone I
wanted. Even my "clean" tone was distorted and noisy. It
was most embarrassing -- painful even. Crap . . . I hate
thinking about it.

I have enjoyed your CDs too (as much for the funky artwork
as for the bizarre cornucopia of sounds). It sure seemed
like you were definitely having a good time while making
'em. Some of the sounds are downright hallucinogenic
all by themselves. Captain Beefheart would be proud. The
creative cartoonery brings on a smile too. Keep it up.

Best regards,

tEd ® kiLLiAn

http://www.mp3.com/tedkillian
http://www.pfmentum.com/flux.html